Fill In the Blank Friday + Some Thoughts

*Warning: Long post ahead
Textured Vintage Book
Ever since I was little, I knew there was something special about reading. When I was younger,
and my mom would force me to sit down with a book when all I wanted to do was run around
outside, I would flip through the pages and skim trying to find something to grab me. I think
it was Judy Bloom who first grabbed me and took my breath away. Suddenly I was invested
in these characters lives and was friends with each and every one of them. And to this day,
that same feeling of a newfound friendship happens to me when I find a really good book.

That's how I judge if a book if good or not. If I feel like I transported into that story and am
now friends with these characters, then the author did his/her part. Yet the saddest thing happens
at the end of these stories- the friendship ends. Sometimes I re-read a book just to try and meet
that friend again. Am I alone? Does anyone else experience this?

Sometimes finishing a book is one of the worst things in life because I lost a friend.

And now onto Fill in the Blanks!
{the delicious sweet biscuits @ Tasty n Sons}

1. My plans this summer include reading even more than I already have, be with friends, spend time with family, go to Tahoe with friends, and go to college .

2. The best summer I ever had was maybe going to the East Coast. It was perfect and made me realize that's where I want to end up .

3. Summer is otter pops, swimming, heat, lying around because you can't move because it's so hot, laughing a lot, red cheeks (and let's be honest, sunburn everywhere) .

4. My favorite summer food is watermelon. Hands down. And otter pops.

5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with the Peet's Jasmine Lime Tea Cooler .

6. My summer uniform consists of dresses and flowey items of clothing .

7. The best thing about summer is the lazy days, the endless time spent with friends and family and the rejuvenated sense of self .

*Told you it'd be long.
(Photo source: here

No comments: