Why Knot {Read}: Scary Close


I don't consider myself an overly stubborn person, but I definitely have some stubborn tendencies. The most recent example of this was when my sister told me I NEEDED to read Scary Close and instead of getting right on that, I let it sit just to prove I didn't NEED to read it. When I wanted to read it, I would. (Yeah, obnoxious.)

Once I finally told myself I was being ridiculous, I picked up the book and finished it in 3 days. Guys. It was SO good. Donald Miller has a way of writing that doesn't sound judgmental but instead sheds light on his flaws and all of our flaws when dealing with relationships. I love how he has examples of the bad things he's done in relationships and why he knew he needed to change his ways. He wasn't saying. "I'm a perfect person and these are the steps you need to take to become like me..." 

Far from it.

None of us need books telling us we are horrible people or living our lives all wrong. But I think we all need books and people telling us how to better improve our lives and the relationships we foster.

Scary Close is one of those books that makes you want to take notes, share with all your friends and pass around like a special token. The whole book leads up to his wedding to his now wife and how he worked on being the best man he could be for their marriage. The whole time I kept wanting to see what he and Betsy looked like at their wedding and how everything panned out. The good news is, the wedding pictures are on his website to be viewed at any time and they. are. beautiful. 

If you are in need of a good book that will enlighten you and push you to be the best version of yourself, I recommend Scary Close. You can buy it on Amazon HERE or through your online retailer if you have a Nook or a Kindle. :)

Happy Reading!!

No comments: