A Change of Plans


As of a month ago, Portland was going to be my forever  home. I've built the 20-something life of my dreams over the past 2 years, so how could I leave? But while applying for clinical fellowship's this semester, I kept hearing people mentioning, "Why don't you relocate?" "You could live anywhere, you should go on an adventure!" And my heart kept saying, "no, no, no. I don't want to leave. I'm too invested here. I LOVE it here!" 

Well God had something else in mind. 

Once I handed over the fellowship process to God and really listened to what He had to say to me, it was very clear what I had to do. And I didn't 100% like it. But I didn't absolutely hate it either. Basically he said:
 You're moving to California. And not only that, but you're moving back to Sacramento. You've got things to do there and people to see. Get going. 

Well shoot.

And guess what? The minute I applied within the area, I'm not even kidding you, the next day I got an interview and within the next few days I received a job offer. Now that's when you know you've been listening to the holy spirit. 



When I was trying to fight to stay in Portland, I kept hitting road blocks and found myself frustrated, beat down, and overwhelmed. Once I gave up control and really listened to the path He has for me (which took probably about a month tbh), the path became so clear and everything opened up. 

When I envisioned the summer ahead, I never saw definitive plans or imagined myself in Portland, strangely enough. But I didn't really think much of it. Now I know he was preparing my mind to move this summer back to the place I, honestly, said I would never move back to. 

Funny how that works. 

While leaving this place will be extremely hard, I feel incredibly blessed that it IS hard and that I've made such amazing friends, found a home church, invested in community, and really loved on this place. I will probably cry buckets of tears as I drive down I-5 but I know Portland is just a hop, skip, and a plane ride away. 

So there it is! Today was my last day of my full time externship, I graduate with my masters on May 20th, and I start my clinical fellowship this summer! Holy cow!! 

Oh, AND I'M MOVING BACK TO CALIFORNIA! AHHHHHH

All of this to say, don't forget to take a minute everyday to sit and listen to what God has to say. He definitely wants to sit and talk with us and I bet you He has some big, important things to say to ya. :) 


*All photos by my friend Carson*

No comments: