Let's Get Real


I kind of despise exercising. I love natural exercising like going on hikes or long walks with no real end in sight but force me to jump on a treadmill and I would rather die. (Ok, that's an exaggeration but stick with me) Lifting weights? Yeah, no. Leaving after a long day to attend an exercise class somewhere? I'll pass. 

And besides going to Italy and gaining a few and having to run off the extra pounds, this has worked for me. (I am incredibly blessed with a great metabolism, which I know is really annoying) But as I get older I know my metabolism will inevitable slow down and it would be nice to nip that in the bud right now. Another thing about my body is that I can't touch my toes and I am basically one big knot. I put on muscle really easily and I'm sure this isn't technical in anyway but I think that easy muscle just piles up in my body and gets stiff really fast! 

SO!

Why am I rambling on about exercise or a lack thereof? 

I am on day 5 of a 30 day yoga challenge through Yoga with Adriene on YouTube and I. Am. Obsessed. My body feels SO good, my back is hurting a little less day-by-day, and I can feel my body slowly loosening up a bit. I definitely can't touch my toes yet but my goal is to do so by the end of 2015! (I work best when I have short term goals and an end in sight!)

I think the point of exercising is to find something that works for you. I know myself and I know that I do not do well when I have to leave the house to exercise. I won't do it! I'm lazy I guess. :) BUT. If I lay a blanket down on my floor, put my computer in front of me and turn on a yoga video, I'll do it! And then I can go back to homework and making dinner without feeling like I used up so much valuable time! 

Have you found what works for you? My roommates run and love it. They just completed a half marathon!! And my sister is working towards a half marathon now as well! But you know, I have no desire to do that. AND IT'S OK! So find what works for YOU and stick to it! Or, you can always start the 30 day yoga challenge with me! 

Let's go!!

No comments: