Cheers

coffee, please.:
{link}

The other day I was walking to my car, yoga mat tucked into my bag, texting my friend I was on my way, texting another friend how excited I was about her new apartment and the bay windows (!! #goals) and it hit me. I am living the life I always dreamed I would when I was 12 years old. 
 
In middle school or elementary school I would fantasize about my 20-somethings. I imagined waking up to the sound of the coffee maker, hurrying to work, wearing amazing clothes and having a tight knit community that I loved. Oh, and we would always end the day with cocktails because we were so sophisticated. 
 
It's fun to say that my life is not all that different from the one I imagined. Most mornings I make myself tea (no coffee every day for me anymore, unfortunately), spend quiet time with the Bible, hurry off to school, sometimes attend a yoga class after, and always make plans for cocktails at some point in the weekend. Usually fit some adventure in there as well. 
 
Oh, and did I mention I'm living in a city? Even my young heart couldn't dream up some of this stuff. 
 
All of this to say, sometimes it's nice to allow ourselves to be content with where we are. To stop wishing for just one more thing to "complete" me. I don't ever want to be "completed" till I am long gone and dead! Who determines what we need or don't need in life?? #society that's who. 
 
I am a 23 year old badass grad student who will have her masters by the time she's 24, has lived in a city, has made great friends, gotten involved, explored, dated, traveled, etc. and still has so much more living and learning to do! If you don't mind me tooting my own horn, I'm doing juuuuuuust fine. :) 
 
And I can bet, so are you. Exactly where you're at. 
 
Celebrate the everyday and the now my friends! 


No comments: