Lincoln

(Photo: Tumblr)

This weekend I finally went and saw Lincoln. Guys. If you 
haven't seen this spectacular movie yet, you must!
Even though I knew the outcome of the movie, I was
still on the edge of my seat, biting my nails.
Daniel Day Lewis is Abraham Lincoln and every other
actor was truly immersed in their historical role.

But something I caught at the very end of the movie was
Lincoln's second inaugural address. The conclusion is
shown below. I realized as Daniel Day Lewis spoke
those beautiful words that they eerily apply to today.
Every word fits like a historic puzzle piece into these
tumultuous times we are encountering now and possibly
in the future. These are encouraging words, inspiring words,
words that pick up a nation once and could do so again.

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan--to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ahhhhh! I LOVE this. Lincoln was absolutely FANTASTIC. I was crying by the end of the movie. So well done and Daniel Day Lewis was incredible. It was just so perfectly cast and portrayed.