Wanna Get Away- Napa



 A couple weekends ago my parents treated me to a little weekend getaway to do my 
first American wine tasting. I find it absolutely amazing how close this gorgeous
place is to where I live and how, despite the drought, everything felt very much alive.

We went to several different wineries including Bennett Lane, Stonestreet, Coppola,
Frick, and Del Dotto to name a few. I absolutely loved all of the places we stopped 
and how unique they all were. We also stopped at this store called Jimtown and they 
had an amazing mint melon salad.

 How adorable are they???
We had a pretty nasty scare early that Sunday morning though at around 3:30 am when we were
abruptly awaken by a 6.1 earthquake. This was the largest earthquake I have ever felt
and the largest in Northern California for 25 years, but I also find it kind of funny that it happened in 
my little two weeks of being home. We are all ok and the town of Napa will rebuild what
was damaged but I think it gave everyone a little scare. I was pretty jittery afterwards.

Sometimes God gives us a little (kind of big) shake to help us reevaluate some things
and take a look at how blessed we all are. I just didn't expect it to be a literal shake...
in the middle of the night...  ;)

Don't forget to hug your loved ones and have a great Wednesday!!

No comments: