Divided


Recently I feel divided. Part of me wants to go back
to Tucson as soon as possible and the other part of me doesn't
ever want to leave California. Whenever I start expressing emotion about
Tucson, I feel as if I'm cheating on home. 

Will there ever be a happy medium? A time when I'm perfectly content
being home or being in Tucson? I guess this is what college is
all about. The finding of ones identity and "home" wherever that may
be. Maybe it won't be in California and maybe it won't be in Arizona. 

All I can do is hope I find that new sense of home sometime in my life. Or
maybe it's possible to have many places to call home. 

I think I'll go with option two. 

Photo Cred goes to my sistor

3 comments:

kat said...

I definitely call two places home - the town I grew up in where my parents still live (and I visit often), and the city I moved to on my own after college (and still live in, love and never want to leave). They are completely different places, but both have shaped me and both hold a big spot in my heart.

I think the growth that comes from exploring new cities - new homes - is such an amazing part of being young (and perhaps a little carefree!). I say enjoy the ride, and where you end up will be most certainly be wonderful :)

Allie said...

Thank you so much! :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I am from DC, went to school in Alabama and have since moved 6 times in 6 years with my Army hubby. I have learned that I piece of me will always be part of each place, but I can make anywhere my home as long as I have my loves with me. It is good to feel nostalgia!