Crossed off the List

See Mumford & Sons in concert

Sky dive

Road trip up the California coast

Get into graduate school

Go to a major music festival

Go to a film festival

Find fulfillment in my career

Visit Alaska and Canada

Drive cross country (and not get sick)

Listen to someone's life story

Visit Charleston

Learn some southern hospitality

Live in the south for some time.

Live in Europe for some time

Learn to be a better cook

Fall in love and get married

Mission trip to Africa or wherever I'm called

Earn my degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences

Live in a "big" city

Find happiness everywhere

Put a smile on someone's face everyday

Help a complete stranger 

Travel to London


Study Abroad


Celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans

Visit Niagara Falls

Ice skate in Rockefeller Center

Travel to Australia

Visit the Grand Canyon

Visit Prince Edward Island

Travel to Ireland

to be continued...
______________________________________________________________________
One of my favorite things to do is to cross off items on any kind of list I've made. It makes matters even better when I'm crossing off items on my life goals list! The list above is in my Life Goals page but I thought it would help to show it above before I explain which ones I've recently crossed off. :)
First off:
 
I finally saw Mumford & Sons in concert!! It was unlike anything I've ever experienced and I doubt I'll ever be able to top that kind of concert experience again. I was jumping up and down, screaming the lyrics and waves of nostalgia washed over me as I relived some high school moments. It was such an incredible moment and everyone deserves to see them live someday. 
I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL! 
I don't know how I didn't cross this one off earlier but somehow it slipped past me! This one is a biggie as it made me move to my current city of Portland! Everything about this school and this city feels right and each day that I'm here makes me more and more sure of that. I'm constantly in awe of Oregon's beauty and I can't wait to experience more and more. 
I moved to a pretty big city!! It's not New York, San Francisco or Chicago, but it's my kind of city. It's the perfect size, has the best food and drinks and there is nature all around. I never feel trapped with all of the thousands of trees around and the Colombia River Gorge a quick 30 minute drive away. Also can I talk about the people I've met so far!!? They are incredible! And the pace of the city can't be beat. This is a slow city on the weekends and every where you go, even waiting in line, people aren't feeling too rushed. 
Do you keep some kind of bucket list? It's so fun to set goals, even lofty ones, and watch as you cross one off. :)

No comments: