Hot Summer Days

I am usually always thinking one step ahead. I am constantly anticipating what's around the corner.

Many would say it's not the best way to live since you're constantly reminding yourself to return to the present, but for me, it's normal.

Yet lately, I have taken a step back from the over-thinking and anticipation and allowed myself to breathe. And needless to say, it has been nice.

I've realized I can't think too much about what will happen in August when I'm on my own for the first time. So instead, I lay outside on our new outdoor furniture and fill my mind with stories and read books as much as one should consume water. I look around me at the rose bushes surrounding my chair and the birds singing and I'm perfectly content right in that moment.

Not thinking about what's looming around the corner.

No comments: