Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

"All you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!"
-J.M. Barrie

If you noticed, I changed my header. I had been meaning to for some time now but I couldn't find a phrase of some sort that fit how I feel right now. Then, yesterday, I was watching Peter Pan and in it the phrase, "Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust" hit me harder than it ever had before. So let me explain:

I have quite a few changes coming up in my life with college and leaving home coming in about a month, and so having faith and trust in myself, God, and my family and friends has more weight than it ever has before. And the pixie dust part has a special place in my heart also.

I am a huge Disney fanatic. I love, love, love Disney. My ideal vacation is staying at the Grand Californian and staying at Disneyland for about 5-6 days. You might say, "But Allie, what is there to do in Disneyland for 5-6 days?" And I say, "Plenty, my friend. Plenty." I am the queen of navigating fast passes and wait times etc.

So the pixie dust portion of the phrase is my way of remembering magic moments in everyday life and shows my love for Disney. Because as J.M. Barrie (creator of Peter Pan) said, "All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

No comments: