Sometimes...

you just have to give in. Surrender.

Throw your hands up in the air and say "Fine! You win."

Tonight was one of those nights. I was highly anticipating seeing the south shore fireworks on Lake Tahoe, and my stomach decided otherwise. Yup, I suddenly became nauseous. Awesome, right?

After a few tears (crybaby, I know) and some convincing, my family and I decided going on a rocking boat when ones feeling nauseous is probably not the brightest of ideas. So I opted out of joining them on the boats and instead watched the New York and Boston fireworks instead.

And you know what? I was pretty happy. I made myself some hot cocoa and watched these spectacular fireworks on the television with my dad. In the end, it all worked out.

But doesn't it always when you finally stop the blubbering and go with your gut? Even when you were hoping for something completely different, I find, that if you put a smile on at least once after you surrender, you're bound to have a good time with what you chose.

Oh yeah, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! God Bless America!

No comments: