Needed Reassurance

Last night I had a minor freak out session. Just minor. There was no panic attacks and loss of breathing. Just a lot of unnecessary thinking that involved me freaking out.

No big deal.

I started doing the whole "you always want what you can't have" type thing. Why am I going to Arizona? I hate the desert and crazy hot weather. I like the beach, I like seasons. What's wrong with me? I'm going to feel trapped in Arizona where there is nothing for miles except cactus'. Awesome.

But then my mom calmed me down a bit and made me think of all the reasons why I chose Arizona. I'm quite the planner and thinker and therefore, it's obvious I didn't make my college decision on some whim. I thought it out. So what were the things I loved about Arizona so much that San Diego paled in comparison?

After thinking all those things through, my heart rate was back to normal and so was my mind. Sometimes all we need is a little reassurance that we made the right decision. Moms are usually the best for that type of reassurance. :)

No comments: