Laughing at the Future


There are a thousand unknowns currently happening in my life. The start of a new semester 
always brings a fresh batch of unknowns but this time I feel a little bit like I am just trying
to stay afloat. There is a new leadership position, hopefully a job, a full set of classes and 
a social life to plan and trying to compartmentalize it all can be a tad exhausting. 

But then I opened Jesus Calling the other day and it said, "Circumstances around you are 
undulating, and there are treacherous looking waves in the distance. Fix your eyes on me, the One 
who never changes. By the time those waves reach you, they will have shrunk to proportions of My 
design. I am always beside you, helping you face today's waves. The future is a phantom,
seeking to spook you. Laugh at the future! Stay close to me."

Now how absolutely perfect is that? It was exactly what I needed and maybe what you
needed to? Let's laugh at the future together. 

No comments: