Let's Chat.


If you read a fair amount of blogs, you've no doubt heard about the NYT article about the questions that help you fall in love. I think it's a really fascinating article but I still have my doubts. Anyways, Hallie from Corals + Cognacs started asking some of the questions to other bloggers and answered them herself. I decided I would like to contribute my bit and let everyone get to know me a little better. :)
  • Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? 
    • Ethel Kennedy. She is such a force and I am a huge fan of her documentary that her daughter put together. After watching that, I was blown away by her strength and wit. I would love to ask her about life, love and everything in between.
  • What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
    • A day of exploring a new place with a small group of close friends & family around. We would start with delicious coffee from some quaint coffee shop and then get lost in the streets of wherever we are (obviously I'm partial to any place in Italy). We would stop at a yummy place for lunch that is pushed back from the streets and then we would continue the exploring. For dinner we would pick up a baguette, cheese and wine and sit somewhere to watch the sun set. 
  • For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
    • My family and the opportunities I have been blessed with. I was able to graduate from college in 3.5 years while also having studied abroad and the whole time had the support of my family behind me.
  • If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
    • The ability to put things into perspective a bit more easily. I tend to get lost in my head too easily and it clouds my thoughts with what could happen instead of what is actually happening. 
  • If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
    • I'm copying what Annie said on her blog because it's the truth. I would love to know who & where my future husband is and when we will meet. I would also love to know if I am getting into grad school, where I will be living come September etc. etc. etc. you know, the little things. ;)
  • What do you value most in a friendship?
    • I value someone who makes an effort and outwardly cares. With this new season in my life, I am definitely witnessing the people who express they want to be in my life and make the friendship work and others who were obviously friends meant to be in my life for a season. I believe friendship is all about give and take and lots of laughter as well. 
  • What is your most treasured memory?
    • A couple of my most treasured memories are the family trips we would take every year to Yosemite and Disneyland with the occasional trip to Hawaii. We often went with extended family and sometimes got to bring friends but because those three places were such frequent stops, I have so many vivid memories associated with each one that will always be with me.
  • How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
    • I feel like this could be a novel in itself. My mom is one of my best friends, a mentor and a supporter of everything I do. I have felt confident in living my life because she has always supported me and let me know she is proud of me. I owe pretty much everything to her and now that I am getting older, I seriously don't know how she does such an incredible job at being a mom. I can only hope to be half the mom she is.
  • If you were going to become a close friend with someone, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
    • My love language is gifts and words but not touch so please don't be offended if I'm not overly touchy-feely because that's just not where I show my love. I definitely hug but it's not something I would do more naturally.
  • If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
    • I would fear that I did not express how much the people in my life mean to me. I try and let people know often but if I were to die, it would carry a little more weight. I am so blessed with amazing people in my life so I would want to let them know that they are all special and I see big, fantastic things in their future. :)
  • Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
    • Probably my grandmother's pineapple necklace. I firmly believe that necklace brings me luck and gives me confidence plus it's one of the more special items that I own. 

    So? Are you going to tag along now? 
    If you do, let me know in the comments section!!

2 comments:

Allie said...

It is so funny I was just thinking about this NYT article again today! Such a great idea answering all these questions for us readers to get to know you even better :)!

Allie said...

You should totally tag along!! It really made me think! :)