A Quote a Day


"I never saw the green light at the end of Daisy's
dock or the parties on Gatsby's lawn, but they seem
more vivid than things that I actually lived. If we 
are the sum of our experiences, as I believe we are,
then books are a more important part of my life than 
my actual life. 

That's what I try to do with my own fiction: Fill the
stories with imaginary people who will become more
real to my readers than the people in their lives."

-George R. R. Martin

George R. R. Martin is the writer of the books and part 
director of the TV series Game of Thrones (the show
is based off the books). Whenever someone mentions
Gatsby in day-to-day conversation, my ears are bound to perk
up and listen. Any Gatsby fan is a friend of mine. 

Also, Martin writes extraordinary characters in his books
and the characters are the primary reason why I love the show 
as much as I do. Because believe me, I was not 
a fantasy fan before this show. 

No comments: