Random Musings

R1-03363-00XA
Hello there. Did you have a lovely weekend? Mine was spent studying, studying, studying and then dressing up like Natalie Jean to go out on the town. It was a really strange and wonderful night and I got to talk to many a stranger which may be a new favorite hobby of mine. If a stranger has the confidence to come up and talk to me, I am going to talk back because that's some perfect definition of bravery. There was a lot of white girl dancing on my end, getting all the details on a drunken car crash that happened (she ran into a barrier so no worries, no one was hurt! She just stalled traffic something terrible) and getting to see a sobriety test, running into old friends in the bathroom, and all done while sipping on some sweet water. (#DD)

R1-03363-004A
Lately I have been struggling with living in denial over the graduation thing. I don't know how I am supposed to leave all of these places and haunts with no return in sight. I really don't know. Now that it is a month away it's hard to deny the inevitable. Tucson has been my sweet spot where I've grown up in so many ways and am excited to take on the world but could I do it with all my friends by my side? Please? But maybe that's the other side of growing up and maturing.

And heck, I'm excited to meet new friends too! The old song from Girl Scouts (it's probably really from somewhere else but I was taught it during Brownies), "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the others gold" keeps playing in my head and it's a nice constant reminder. Jeremiah 29:11 has also been on constant repeat. I think it's nice to have some quotes and verses to keep us moving when we feel more inclined to stand still.

This has been long and rambly and gone from the silly to the serious so I apologize if it was hard to keep up. I'm excited for where I want to take this blog in the coming weeks/months/years and I hope all my dreams for this space can come to fruition. And if you wanna tag along and join me on this ride, I would love to have you! :)

Hope you're having a lovely November.

No comments: