{Going Places} Tivoli






Haven't heard of Tivoli? I hadn't either. But if you ever get the chance to go, I definitely
recommend it now. The place is stunning and is known for the two villas in close
proximity to the city- those villas being Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este.

Hadrian's villa (the pictures above) is stunning and the history behind it is interesting
as well. Villa d'Este used to be a monastery and then was transformed
into a large estate and sprawling gardens. (I'm going to try and get some photos
up of the gardens soon!) There were fountains all throughout the gardens that 
were some of the most incredible fountains I've ever seen. 

But one thing that really blew me away was the weather!!! Guys! It was
in the 60's and kind of warm! See me not wearing the poof coat? Or ANY coat
for that matter??? The wildflowers were blooming everywhere and I couldn't
snap enough photos because I have such a thing for flowers. 

It's back to being rainy here but that little bit of sun gave me some hope for 
a warmer April. :)

I hope your Easter was lovely and spent with those  you love.
Oh, and happy April! 

No comments: