Real Talk:: 5 Weeks


I took this photo two days ago while volunteering with my service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega,
for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. 5 weeks ago I
had no idea that Alpha Phi Omega existed and that soon my weekends would be filled
with volunteering, fellowship and fundraising for this fraternity.

5 weeks ago I would have never known I'd take the plunge and join a fashion club on
campus and love it. I also didn't know I'd doubt what I am striving to become
and working my butt off to accomplish. (And that doubt and seeking other alternatives
is completely ok!!)

And the insane thing is... I don't know what or where I will be in the next 5 weeks!!
God works in mysterious ways and He is truly present in my life right now
and is pushing me towards something fantastic. I'm not sure what it is but that's
all part of the fun.

In Jesus Calling they mentioned walking by faith and not by sight (which made me
really want to get another tattoo next to "Be Still" that says "Walk by Faith"...) and
I realized that's exactly what I've been doing and will work at doing every single day. I'm
going to practice giving up what I can't control and see where I am being led.
So far I've been led to great clubs, new friendships, sudden realizations and
overall, a general appreciation of the life I am blessed to live.

Cheers to another 5 weeks!

1 comment:

MMB said...

Amen girl! I heard the best homily at church yesterday, and it was focusing on a lot of what you just said. Good for you for just embracing the unknown and trusting that it will all work out :)