A Whirlwind Weekend


This past weekend was spent at Outside Lands in San Francisco with several of my high school
friends and it was the perfect homecoming. My body is sore from so much standing and sitting
on hard grass but the amount of bands I was able to see in a short two day period cannot be beat!
On Saturday we saw Vance Joy, a little bit of The Kooks, Capital Cities (So good!), 
Death Cab for Cutie, a second of Duck Sauce, and finally ended the evening with Macklemore
and Ryan Lewis! Macklemore may have been my favorite because he seemed genuinely
excited to be there.

On Sunday we saw comedian Lewis Black, Ben Howard, Ray Lamontagne and 
closed with The Killers. What I love about music festivals is that you can see some bands
that you typically wouldn't see on their own plus about 2-3 other bands to tie all of it
up with a bow. The weather ranged from arctic to sweltering across the two days
but I would expect nothing less from a weekend in San Francisco.

1 comment:

LaTonya said...

I've seen Capital Cities perform before. I loved it so much too. The trumpet player....so amazing!