My Favorite Documentaries

I love watching documentaries because they are never too long and give you just enough
insight into other peoples lives. My roommate and I are always down to watch a good 
documentary on HBO or Netflix and are always sharing recommendations. 
I decided to compile a little list of my favorite documentaries and also some that I am 
hoping to watch soon!

Favorites:
 I love, love, love this documentary because it was done by family and for family.
It gives you an inside look into one of the most famous families in American history.
Plus Ethel Kennedy is just the coolest. 

 I had heard about Banksy but did not know much about him other than that he puts
very cool images up around New York City. This documentary was fascinating and I am 
such a fan of his work.

 Every girl has a little part of them that wishes they could move like a ballerina and this 
documentary made me wish I had pursued ballet a little harder. They are incredibly
graceful but it also provides insight into the rigourous life of a ballerina. 

 I watched this in my chemistry class in high school and it really made me reevaluate what I 
eat and where the food is coming from. There are definitely disturbing images but I think
it's a good way to wake us up a little bit.

 This documentary was the absolute sweetest. My roommate and I watched it somewhat 
recently and absolutely adored Sam. Learning about Progeria was also fascinating! 

Can't Wait to Watch:
 My friend told me about this documentary yesterday and I can't wait to watch it!
This seems like the ultimate adventure documentary.

  My roommate recommended this one to me and it seems like something right up my alley.
It's about reading old diary entries to the public and as someone who has had a diary since
about elementary school, I can relate with making fun of some of the things I have written. 


I'd love to know what some of your favorite documentaries are!! 
I am always up to recommendations!

2 comments:

Sarah Jane Marchant said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for a good documentary!I really liked "Tiny" and "Sick fat and nearly dead"

Em said...

I've just gotten into documentaries, so I can't wait to watch these! My two all-time favorites are the National Geographic exposé of North Korea and The Square, which follows revolutionaries through the Arab spring in Egypt. Both of those are tough to watch at times, but they really opened my eyes to different worldviews!

Also, I just adore your blog, can't wait to read more!!